UPDATE: POWER HAS BEEN RESTORED
An electrical transformer outside of Hillside Middle School malfunctioned and temporarily ignited at about 8:15 this morning. The fire was quickly extinguished, but power is out in some of the school's classrooms and the kitchen. All students were inside and safe at the time of the incident. Manchester Fire Department, the city's facilities division, and Eversource Utilities responded and are working to restore 100% power to Hillside. The school is safe, and the normally scheduled day will continue.