Dear Manchester School District families:
The Manchester School District is committed to effective communication between our schools and families. As part of our efforts, we are using an automated notification system called SchoolMessenger. This system allows us to call, text and email thousands of parents and guardians quickly for emergency situations and weather-related school closures.
SchoolMessenger is dependent on the accuracy of the contact information you provide. It is important to keep all of your phone numbers and email addresses up-to-date. Any adjustments to your contact information can be made any time, directly to your child(ren)’s school(s). SchoolMessenger continually syncs with our contacts on file; all new phone numbers and email addresses will be included in notifications after they are added.
When you answer a phone call from SchoolMessenger, you will hear a recorded message.
- The caller ID will be Manchester School District's main number: (603) 624-6300.
- If you are unavailable to answer the phone, SchoolMessenger will leave a voicemail. Please listen to the entire message.
- Do not call the school or the school district office. If it is an emergency notification, the message will include instructions.
- If SchoolMessenger encounters a busy signal, no answer or a failed call (such as a disconnected number or downed lines), the system will retry that number three times in 15-minute increments.
If you have provided a cell phone number as one or more of your contact numbers, that phone number is eligible to receive text messages in addition to the phone call. SchoolMessenger is a free service, but you must opt in to receive text notifications, because standard message and data rates charged by your mobile provider may apply.
- If your cell phone number is in our database as an emergency contact number, you may request text notifications from SchoolMessenger by texting YES to 67587.
- If your cell phone number is in our database and you have not already opted in from your device, SchoolMessenger will send you a text on Friday, December 1 at 10:00 am.
- To OPT-IN, respond to the text from 67587 with either Y or YES.
- To OPT-OUT, respond to the text from 67587 with STOP or ignore the text.
If you decline to receive text messages, you will receive only phone call notifications from SchoolMessenger to your cell phone. Any new cell phone number that is added to our SchoolMessenger contacts database will automatically receive the opt-in text, even after December 1.
SchoolMessenger is one more valuable communication tool and does not replace any of the Manchester School District’s current methods of communicating. We will continue to report critical information -- including school closings due to weather -- on radio and TV stations, on the MSD web site, our social media pages, and through Nixle.
Thank you in advance for your participation.
Bolgen Vargas, Ed.D.
Superintendent of Schools