- The minimum age to take the HiSET is 16. It is required that students under 18 be enrolled in school and successfully pass the Official HiSET Practice Test.
- To take the official HiSET battery, permission must be granted by the school superintendent, principal, or high school designee.
- The HiSET is approximately an 8-hour test and is given over two days. The test measures competency in science, writing, math, social studies, and reading.
- The High School Equivalency Testing Center in Manchester offers paper-based testing.
Preparing for the HiSET
The High School Equivalency Testing Center in Manchester is located at:
Manchester West High School, 9 Notre Dame Ave.
The required Official Practice Test for students under 18 is given free of charge by appointment.
Please contact your Guidance Counselor for scheduling.
The Official Practice Test is optional for people 18 or over prior to the Official HiSET battery, however, appointments are necessary and there is a $20 cash fee for testing.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for scheduling.
Prior to scheduling your HiSET Exam
1. Establish an online HiSET account at www.hiset.ets.org using your email address. You will be issued an ETS ID#. Save this number as this is needed for scheduling your test.
2. Have a government issued photo ID. (NH Driver’s or NonDriver’s License, or Passport)
The name and address of your HiSET registration must be an exact match to your government issued ID. If your address does not, you must bring 2 pieces of mail as proof of residency. (Utility bills, lease, tax bill, car registration, or current pay slip)
3. Email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org to register for your desired testing
date. Your email must include the testing date, your full name, address, date of birth, and ETS#.
4. On the day of testing you MUST bring your photo ID, ETS ID # (registration confirmation), and $95 cash fee to the testing center. No test will be administered without payment or photo ID.
5. If under 18, bring your Official HiSET Practice Test scores and the appropriate NH Department of Education Referral Form, which is given to you after passing the Official Practice Test.
- All electronic devices, including cell phones, are prohibited in the testing room.
- Cancellations must be made 48 hours prior to testing if the examinee is unable to test.
- Same day cancellations, no show/no call or late arrivals will result in the forfeiture of the $95 testing fee.
- Check-in time begins promptly at 3:00 on the day of testing.
- Late arrivals will not be admitted into the testing room.
Full Test: Retest:
October 5 & 6 October 26
November 9 & 10 November 23
December 7 & 8 December 21
January 4 & 5 January 25
February 1 & 2 February 15
March 7 & 8 March 21
April 4 & 5 April 18
May 9 & 10 May 23
June 6 & 7
*Graduation ceremonies will be held on December 14th & June 13th.
*Testing dates are subject to change.
*Cancellations due to weather will follow the Manchester School District policy.