Friday, September 26, 2014

Gas leak causes evacuation at West High School

A faulty valve in a science classroom is to blame for the early morning evacuation of students and staff at West High School today. Manchester Fire Department, the gas company and Manchester Health Department officials immediately responded to the call when the odor of gas was reported inside a second floor classroom.

One of the valves was found to be leaking, and the gas was shut off to the entire room. Other science classrooms in the school are not affected by the shutoff. Students and staff were allowed back into the building at around 8:30, and though an odor might linger for a short while, the health department says there is no cause for concern.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.