WHEN: February 5, 2014
WHO: You and your students, anyone can participate! Beginners and experts alike are encouraged to plan an activity. Plan big or start small - add your "event" to the Digital Learning Day web site.
RESOURCES: Look for tools, ideas and lesson plans on the Digital Learning Day web site at http://www.digitallearningday.org/. Look for local NH resources on the NH Dept. of Education Office of Educational Technology web site at http://www.nheon.org/digitallearningday/
- Google Apps for Education: This is a great time to get started with Google Apps in the classroom. If you haven't already done so help your students activate their district Google accounts:http://googleresources.mansd.org
- Digital Citizenship: Have a look at teacher resources at http://www.commonsensemedia.org/educators.
Let us know if you plan on participating:
Have a look at this slideshow for more information on great ideas for
staff and students on how to participate including:
- OUTREACH - tech showcase, tours & workshops
- CONNECT - Try Skype or a Google Hangout. Connect with another classroom in your school, another school in the district...or a school in another state or country!
- LET STUDENTS LEAD - student demonstrations, student created content, student created videos
- TEACHERS - try something new, take an online course, host an "app party"
- SHIFT LEARNING - Flip your classroom for a day, start a project-based challenge, start and after school tech club